Before I started this project, I had my coffee ready.
I selected fourteen different fabrics and cut them according to the directions.
I then put them in the order that I wanted.
I started sewing the strips following the clues.
Once the strips were sewn, I had to cut them into triangles
The triangles ready to be sewn.
Following the directions, I sewed the triangles together to make squares.
I squared each of the blocks to 6 1/2 inches.
Each square was labeled for where it was going to be positioned.
I laid out the blocks on the floor with their label.
I took a picture of this so that when I was sewing the blocks
together, I would not forget how they were placed.
That came out to be a big help for me.
With this quilt, ironing the seams open instead of to one side
was better because it reduced the bulk. It's a little bit more
tedious, but your quilt will lay flatter and will be
easier to quilt.
The finished product.
I really enjoyed doing this.
Take the challenge of doing at least
one mystery quilt this year, you will
be pleasantly surprised.