Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 5, 2012

ANOTHER NEW YEAR'S QUILT

From my last post, I shared with you what I do on New Year's.  Well, I found another New Year's Mystery Quilt that intrigued me.  The designer, Ann M. Smith, came up with the idea.  She gave us the opportunity to choose which size we would make the quilt.  I chose to make a twin size quilt.  This quilt is going to be a graduation present for a young lady who graduates this coming June.


Here are the fabrics that I chose to make this quilt.  
All the fabric that I chose was from my stash.
I challenged myself to not buy any fabric for making this
quilt.  I will need to purchase for the backing, but I 
don't count that.

I joined the 2 1/2 inch blocks to make this.
This will be a nine patch block once
I have all the blocks sewn.

I sewed the orange 1 1/2 inch square to the corner
of the 2 1/2 inch background square.

This is the second section for the nine patch.
Originally, the center square was supposed
to have been the orange fabric.
But I wanted the center square to stand out more
Thankfully I had more than enough fabric to
cut 70 more squares.

Here's the nine patch block already squared to 6 1/2 inches.

This section I sewed two 2 1/2 inch squares
to the 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inch rectangle.
Trim off the and iron.

This is how the section looks like after
everything is trimmed and ironed.
I'll be adding more in other postings about this quilt and I'll post pictures of the finished quilt.

2 comments:

  1. I have not done a mystery quilt. Maybe I should make that a goal of mine.

    Can't wait to see your finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it Barb. I have enjoyed making them.

    ReplyDelete