Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 28, 2013

MY FIRST CROCHET PROJECT

I have a very dear friend that has been crocheting and knitting for a very long time.
Many years ago, when I was a newlywed, I attempted to teach myself
how to knit and crochet.  Needless to say, I gave up.

Then thirteen years ago I met Lisa and she "infected" me with "yarnitis".
It took me a while, but I started back playing with yarn again.
She spins her own wool and I wanted to learn how to do that.
I have yet to learn how to spin wool correctly.

In my sewing room, I have a dresser with nine drawers.
Five of those drawers are filled with yarn that friends have given me.
So much yarn and not enough time to do projects that are floating in my head.

A couple of days ago I decided I want to make an afghan for a Christmas present.
I have several books and I found my project from this book.
One of the stitches that I learned to do is the popcorn stitch.
I'm pretty happy with the way it is turning out.

 Here's the beginning's of the afghan

Up close shot of the afghan with the popcorn stitch.

Thanks Lisa for encouraging me to not give up on knitting and crocheting.
I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment