I found the recipe for this cake on the internet,
and I just had to make it.
This cake is absolutely delicious and my husband loved it.
There are a couple of things I learned about making this cake.
Make sure that you grease your pan really well
or the cake is going to get stuck in the bundt pan.
For the second cake I lined the bundt pan with aluminum foil
and I used softened butter to grease the foil that covered the pan.
It was great because the cake came out easier and I didn't have to wash the pan.
HERSHEY BAR CAKE
Prep time: 20 Min. Cook time: 90 Min. Serves: 14
6 (1.55-ounce) milk-chocolate bars (such as Hershey's)
3 cups of chocolate syrup (such as Hershey's)
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 large dove chocolate bars
1. Preheat oven to 300. Grease and flour a tube pan or two Bundt pans; set aside.
2. In the top of a double boiler over hot (but not boiling)water, combine candy bars (6) and syrup (1 1/2c) Stir until melted and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating well.
4. In another bowl, sift together flour and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan(s).
7. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
I take the four dove bars and another 1 1/2 c syrup and repeat step 2. After the cake is COMPLETELY cooled, I take this warm mixture and top over cake.