Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

URBAN IMMERSION MISSIONS TRIP TO CHICAGO DAY TWO

After receiving our training, we all board the bus and head out
to the selected college campuses.  Our group went
to the University of Chicago.  Even though I had been
raised in Chicago, I had never walked the campus before.
I fell in love with the campus and the beautiful buildings and architecture.

We talked with students, prayed and shared the gospel.
Afterwards, we took the CTA bus and train and went north.
Our first stop off the train was to a neighborhood
that ministers to the homosexual community.
It was very humbling for us.

We then got back on the train and headed to China town.
It had been years since I was there last.
When I was a child, my family and I would go to one 
restaurant, Won Kow.  I was so happy to see that it's still there.
We shopped at some of the stores that were still open.
We had a wonderful dinner with the rest of the students.

The plans may change for Tuesday since it's going to be snowing
and the accumulation could be 7 to 10 inches of snow.


























No comments:

Post a Comment