Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 10, 2012

CANNED TOMATOES AND FROZEN GREEN BEANS

It's that time of the year where I start harvesting from my vegetable garden.
I've already frozen my green beans.  I'm now beginning to
can my tomatoes.  I've got a real bumper crop this year.

 home canned tomatoes

http://www.simplycanning.com/image-files/freezing-green-beans=4.jpg
 I used to can my green beans but I now freeze them.
A couple of years ago, a jar of beans exploded right
after I took it out of the pressure cooker.  I
ended up getting second degree burns.  I should
have worn my apron.  My family cleaned up the mess that 
was made.   So freezing is now my option.

My carrots are coming along just fine and so is
my broccoli.  I'm looking forward to preserving
these vegetables and enjoy them during the winter
months.

No comments:

Post a Comment