Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 22, 2011

STRIPS AND CURVES


Several months ago I saw a quilt at a quilt shop that was done in different shades of gray.  I loved it!  The design came from a book titled Strips N Curves by Louisa L. Smith.  Needless to say, I bought the book and started working on making a quilt myself.  Her book is very well written and her directions were easy to understand.  I looked the the stash of fabric that I had.  I wanted my quilt to be bright.  I found I had batiks and knew I found what I wanted.  It was a lot of work, but I loved working on the quilt.  I was very pleased that all the points were right on the money.  I have already started quilting it and hope to have that done soon.



I liked the way this quilt turned out that I now want to do it larger and use different fabrics.  One of the things that I love about quilting is choosing the fabric for the project that I'm working on.  Sometimes I will buy fabric long before I know what project I'm going to use it.  I make sure that I buy enough of the fabric because I don't want to run out in the middle of my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment