Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 7, 2014

STRAWBERRY PIE

What does one do when one just gets home 
and the next door neighbor invites you for dinner?
I don't like going to someone's home for a meal and not bring anything.
So I decided to make strawberry pie.
I had all the ingredients in my refrigerator and pantry
and I got to work.

Here's the recipe:

2(9 inch) unbaked pie crusts
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons butter

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.  Place one crust in a nine inch pan.  (I made my own crusts)
  2. Mix together sugar, flour, and cinnamon.  Mix lightly through the berries.  Pour the filling into the pastry lined pan, and dot the fruit with butter.  Cover with the top crust, and cut slits in the top.  Seal and flute the edges.
  3. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until the crust is slightly browned.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment