Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 14, 2014

MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE TO JOHNSON CITY, TENNESSEE

As many of you know, my husband and I ride motorcycles.
He rides a Kawasaki Concurs and I ride a Honda Shadow.
I did not ride mine because I am not confident enough to ride the winding roads.

 The first place we stopped for a rest was in Madison, Indiana.
We both love the town.  Maybe we'll come for a weekend.



 Crossing the bridge over the Ohio River to get to Kentucky.

 I saw several quilt barns but these three were the only ones
that I was able to get a good picture.  
All three were on US 421 South.


 We saw these signs all over the place.
I am ever so glad that I did not ride my motorcycle.
It would have taken us a lot longer to get to our place for the night.
Some of the turns were very tight.

 As we are traveling, we are passing horse farms after horse farms.
These properties are huge and the homes are awesome.

As a surprise, Jorge made reservations at this B & B 
in Richmond, Kentucky.  The Bennett House was built in 1890.
I've died and gone to heaven.  This place is wonderful!
 This is our room.


 Jorge almost fell asleep on this massage chair.
He was in heaven.


 Another room with a sleigh bed.



 The entry way.



 Living room.  It's very spacious.



 Beautiful stain glass in the entryway.
It's right above the fireplace.

 Beautiful stairway.

This is on the posts of the banister.
Such beautiful carving.

I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment