Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 9, 2014

MY VERY OWN MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE

As many of you know, my husband has a motorcycle.
We have put many miles going on adventures on it.
I now have my own motorcycle and have begun my own adventures.

This past weekend, I took the motorcycle riding course.
It was a three day class and I learned a lot.
We were taught many things, like leaning your bike
to make a turn tighter and faster.

Today I took my motorcycle out for my own adventure.
I took many baby steps but it is a start.
Since I live out in the country, those are the roads I took.
Thankfully there was not a lot of traffic.
Slowly I was building more confidence as 
I was going down the road and making the necessary turns.
Did I make mistakes?
Yes I did but not once did I drop the bike.

I pushed myself even more and driving
on the streets in the town that I live.
That was a HUGE step for me!

In the end, I am pretty proud of myself.
There is still fear and trepidation.
But I'm not going to let that stop me.
I had obstacles today on the road
that I was able to overcome.
Slowly but surely I'll get better.

The first place I stopped to visit.
The pastor of this church is a friend of mine.

 As a reward for myself for riding in town,
I stopped at Panera and had a nice breakfast.

 I made a pitstop to my church.
What a better place to go than church
when fear can take hold.

My last pitstop was at Acceleration Power Sports
to purchase a new visor.

How many miles did I ride today?
90 MILES!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: