Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 22, 2014

BLUE RIBBON CHILI


This weekend I'm participating in a chili cook-off.
My husband and I are members of the Christian Motorcyclists Association
and our local chapter, Prodigal Posse, organized
this cook-off to raise funds for Run for the Son.
This is our chapter's inaugural event.
We have no idea how many people are coming.
I know that there will be a variety of chili tonight.
Here's my recipe thanks to www.allrecipes.com
 
 
Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef                                              1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon black pepper                                          1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt                                            4 tablespoons chili seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce                                           1 (15-ounce) can light red kidney beans
                                                                                 1  (15-ounce) can dark red kidney beans
 
Directions
  1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the ground beef and the onion and sauté for 10 minutes, or until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.  Drain the grease.
  2. Add the ground black pepper, garlic salt, tomato sauce, salsa, chili seasoning mix and kidney beans.  Mix well, reduce the heat to low and simmer for at least an hour.
I my chili the night before and placed it in my crockpot and let it simmer all night long and the next day.  I wanted the seasonings to really work into the chili.  We'll see how my chili does against the other chilis.  I know one thing, this evening is going to be a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment