Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

CAMPFIRE SKILLET BREAKFAST

One of the things I enjoy doing is cooking.
I've been making breakfasts for my husband for many years.
As a matter of fact, I enjoy cooking for my family and friends.

The recipe I want to share with you was pretty easy to make.
It originally is one you would make camping but that 
should not stop you from making it at home.

Ingredients - Serves 4

  • 1/4 pound sliced bacon
  • 2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed (I use red potatoes and don't even peel them)
  • 1/4 onion, chopped (optional)
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

  1. Cook bacon to desired crispness in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Remove bacon from the skillet and set aside. Stir the potatoes and onion into the hot bacon fat. Cover, and cook until the potatoes are soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
  2. Crumble the bacon into the potatoes. Stir in the eggs, cover, and cook until set through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese, and allow to melt before serving. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment