Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

BABY QUILT DESIGN

This past Sunday I helped a good friend of mine with her 
daughter's baby shower.  The mom-to-be is a beautiful
 young lady that I love very much.  She is a former
Spanish student of mine.  When she got married,
I made her a queen size quilt.  Now that she and 
her husband are going to have their first child,
I decided to make her a baby quilt.  Knowing
what colors and theme her nursery is going to be,
I went and did my shopping and looking for fabric.

 Choosing fabric is always an adventure that I love.

 I cut the fabric into 4 1/2" squares

 Sew the squares to make a nine patch block.
 Once your squares are all sewn into strips, 
decide how you would like the strips be set.

 Sew the strips to make a nine patch block.

 Make sure you square up your block before you cut it up.
Once it's squared, cut your block to make four equal smaller blocks.

 Now the fun begins because you can come up with
many different designs for the new block.
Here are some ideas that I came up with.


Here is the end result.
A beautiful quilt that makes the mom-to-be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment