Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 7, 2011

TRIBUTE TO MY MOM

Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I am blessed to still have my mom with me.  My mom is an extraordinary mom.  I have so many wonderful memories of her.  When my siblings and I were younger, we would always pick dandelions from the park across the street and bring them to her.  She would always put them in glasses and proudly put them in the living room and dining room.  To her it didn't matter that they were weeds.  To her they were flowers that her children gave her. 


Another memory I have of my mom is that she would always listen to the music we asked her to listen.  If there was a song on the radio that we liked, we would call her to come and hear it.  Without fail, my mom stopped whatever she was doing, and she would come to listen to the song.  I remember when my dad was out of town, my mom bought tickets for all four of us to go to Navy Pier and listen to Air Supply.  We were on cloud nine.  She even tried to get tickets for us to hear Earth, Wind, and Fire.  She was disappointed that they were all sold out.  



My mom has always been our cheerleader, encourager, counselor and friend.  My mom has always been an example of what a godly woman is.  She has always given her all for her family.  She was there for my dad.  I learned so much from her.  Even now, I still look to her for guidance.  I am so thankful to God for having the mother I have and the example she has been to me.  I love her dearly.  Thank you mom for all you have done and continue to do for your family.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment