Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 2, 2011

SURGERY

Well, you may be wondering what has happened since it's been a while from my last blog.  Well, here's what's been going on.  I had to have foot surgery.  This was corrective surgery.  A coupld of years ago, I twisted my left ankle on the corner of one of the steps outside my house.  My leg went right under me and down I went.  Little did I realize that when I twisted my ankle, I had broken a bone off my ankle and it lodge itself where it's not supposed to me.  Needless to say, I was having constant pain. 

Last June I received a cortizone shot because I just could not take the pain.  The doctor had x-rayed my foot and I could see the bone causing all the problems.  The shot did help me a lot but I retwisted the ankle a few months later and the pain came back again. 

So, on Thursday, April 21st, I had the surgery done on my foot and now my foot is in a cast.  The doctor told my husband that for the next two weeks I'm supposed to keep my foot elevated and not put any weight on it. 

For my friends that know me, I don't do well sitting still for a long period of time.  But my I know that if I don't do what the doctor tells me, I may have further problems.  But I also gave my word to my husband that I would follow the doctor's orders.

So what do I do since I can't quilt, garden, or do many of the things that I like to do?  I knit.  I'm working already on Christmas presents for several friends.  Like an old phrase says, when you're given lemons, make lemonade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment