Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 18, 2013

MAKE AHEAD BREAKFAST CASSEROLE


My youngest son asked me if I could make breakfast
for a men's retreat this coming weekend.
So I began to look for recipes that would feed
the young men heartily.  I found the recipe online.
I want to share the recipe with you.
It's very easy to make and delicious.

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups season croutons
1 pound pork sausage
4 eggs
2 1/4 cups milk
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms drained and chopped
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
2 sprigs fresh parsley for garnish

DIRECTIONS
  1. Spread the croutons on bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.  Crumble the sausage into medium skillet.  Cook over medium heat until browned.  Drain off any drippings.  Spread the sausage over the croutons.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until well blended.  Stir in soup, spinach, mushrooms, cheeses and mustard.  Pour egg mixture over sausage and croutons.  Refrigerate overnight.
  3. The next morning, preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until set and lightly browned on top.  Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Irene, a great idea for a breakfast. Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete