Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 9, 2013

CHICKEN AND SPINACH PASTA BAKE

I am so hooked on Pinterest.
I just love how I can store many ideas
of things that I like without taking space in my house.
This recipe I found on Pinterest and I tried it last night.

This dish has now become one of my favorites.
It's very easy to make and will be great
for whatever occasion you want to make it.

Chicken & Spinach Pasta Bake

  • 8 oz uncooked rigatoni
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 c chopped onion
  • 1 (10 oz) pack frozen spinach, thawed
  • 3 c cubed, cooked chicken breasts
  • 1 (14 oz) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 (8 oz) container Philadelphia chive & onion cream cheese
  • ½ t salt, ½ t pepper
  • 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
Prepare rigatoni according to pkg directions.  Spread oil on bottom of 11×7 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender.  Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.  Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.  Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese.  Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
**********************************************************************************
I made one change to the recipe.  I did not have a container of Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese and I really did not want to go out to the store to get one.  So I instead used a regular cream cheese that I softened and added the a small amount of dried chives and onion.  Also, I didn't have the mozzarella cheese, so I used instead colby cheddar mix.  It turned out just fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment