Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 22, 2012

LATEST QUILT

It has been a while since I have posted on my blog.  We've had a lot of  stuff going on.  Both my mom and mother-in-law have had some health problems that we've been taking care off.  It's really hard now
being the "parent" of your parent.

I've been working on this quilt for several weeks and it is now all pieced.  I will be spending
this weekend quilting it.  Today, I will just bask in the glory that the quilt is pieced.

 The wind blew as I took the picture
 
 Once the wind died down, I took the picture.

I got the idea of the quilt from Eleanor Burns.
Instead of using the border suggestion, I did something different.
The first border is a 2 1/2" solid.
The second border is 4 1/4" chain of squares.
The third border is a 2 1/2" solid.
The idea for the chain of squares border came
from the second book on the right.  
It's a great resource.  This was the first
time that I did something as different as this
with borders.  I usually do just solid borders.
I wanted to do something different.  

I'm happy with the results.  Now to the quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment