Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beginnings
 
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. --George Bernard Shaw
Blogging is new for me, but I've been enjoying other people's craft and design blogs so much, that I decided to try my hand at it, too. Perhaps if I start out slowly, I'll get the hang of it and be able to keep up with semi-regular posts.

I was first introduced to sewing when I got married and I was immediately hooked!!! I just couldn't get enough of it. My very first project was a quilt.  Little did I realize that the pattern I chose was not one that a beginner should have chosen.  The pattern was the Dresden Plate.  It took me several years to get it completed but I did finish it.  I like having unique things and found that sewing and crafts allowed me to design things that were totally my own. I could choose fabrics I love and sew a new creation.  I love it all----the colors, the textures, the shapes!!! And I don't limit myself to sewing---I like paper crafting, scrapbooking,  antique/flea market shopping, photography and I learned to knit a couple of years ago. Now, all of that sounds pretty "domestic", but actually that's not a very good description of me.

Given all of that, I couldn't be happier about the recent resurgence of all things homemade!! I love it!! Though my projects have changed through the years,  I find myself once again obsessed with fabric and patterns and ideas and not nearly enough time to do all that I have planned. While I dream about using up the huge stashes of fabric and papers in boxes under my bed and in my closet, more frequently I realize that I am purchasing new selections that will be "just perfect" for my latest project. So, for now, I will satisfy yet another hobby (computer) by posting on this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Irene! New endeavors will keep you sharp...and you have a lot to share. What a ministry you have with your quilts. Sometimes when we can't sleep, we are the most inspired. (i.e. your 4:29 AM post!)
    Love you dear! Terry Lynn

    ReplyDelete