Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

HELEN, GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE RALLY DAY ONE

Jorge and I are on the road to Helen, Georgia
for the Kawasaki Concurs Owners Group
National Rally in Helen, Georgia.
He and I went to our first rally two years ago
in Johnson City, Tennessee.  
We had so much fun that we wanted to do it again.

Unfortunately, we didn't make to last years rally
because we were in the process of moving to Florida.
Since this year's is near where we live,
we decided that we needed to come.

We both decided that we did not want to go on the highway,
and also we had no desire to ride through Atlanta.
We start our journey north and things were going well.
I don't remember how many hours we were in riding
in Georgia when Jorge noticed that my right
saddlebag had opened up.
I was thankful that I had not lost anything.
These were new bags and Jorge and I
saw that the latch on the back was not aligned right.
Thankfully, Jorge had bungee cords and that's what we used.

The scenery was absolutely beautiful in Florida and Georgia.
I really wish that I had a GoPro to automatically take pictures.
The weather was warm and sunny.  We both made
several stops so that we could rehydrate.

When we finally made it to Helen,
we both were tired, hot, sticky and thirsty.
I'm happy to say that I was able to
ride my bike in some very curvy roads.
I am looking forward to the rest of the week

Me with my new motorcycle - Kawasaki Vulcan S with ABS
and Jorge with his C10 Kawasaki Concurs 

My right saddlebag secure now with the bungee cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment