I just finished making this baby quilt for a young couple that are having their first child.
This was a very easy blanket to crochet.
The stitch that I used was the double crochet.
Click on the link below to know how to do the stitch.
To make this blanket, I bought the chenille yarn from Joann.
The yarn I used was Bernat Baby Blanket yarn
I bought three of their large skeins which was $9.99 each.
1. I crocheted a chain 120 stitches.
2. DC in 4th ch from hook. (This creates two double crochets next to each other because the last three in the row serve as the first double crochet).
3. Ch 1, sk 1.
4. In next chain work DC, ch 1, DC. This is the V-stitch.
5. Skip 2.
6. Repeat #4 and #5 across row until there are four chains left in your starting chain.
7. Ch 1, sk 2.
8. DC in each of the last two stitches. This completes your first row of V-stitches bordered by 2 double crochet stitches on either end of the row.
9. Now you’re ready to start your next row, so turn the work and ch 3 for your first DC of the new row.
10. DC in next DC.
11. Ch 1.
12. Work into the center chain one space of the first V-stitch. DC, ch 1, DC to create a V-stitch right in the center of the V-stitch in the row below.
13. Repeat #11 and #12 across row to the end of the V-stitches.
14. Ch 1, sk 1.
15. DC in each of the last two stitches.