Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 27, 2015

BACKYARD BIRD FEEDERS


One of the things that I love living in the country
is seeing and hearing all of the different birds
that fly through my yard.

This winter I did not do a very good job of feeding the birds.
One thing that I did do is that I left the dried flowers.
I some birds flying to them and eating the seeds.

Now that Spring is finally here, the birds
are out and about coming for visits.
The bird feeders are busy feeding the birds.
There are several things you can do to keep
your birds happy and healthy.

MORE IS BETTER
Crowded spaces can get messy really quickly.
If you only have one bird feeder and all
of the birds are coming to it,
you may need to put another feeder.

AFTER THE RAIN
Birds don't like to eat soggy and wet food.
If the feeders are not cleaned after it's rained,
the seed will become moldy and the birds can get sick.
I clean my feeders after every rain.

GOOD STORAGE
I keep my seed in a plastic container.
This keeps it safe from it getting bad.
It protects it from other animals getting to the seed.

CLEANING
A good rule is to clean your feeders at least once every new season.
Hummingbird feeders are the exception.  
They should be cleaned every week or
two during the height of the season.
All you need is a little bid of bleach to give them a good cleaning.
Scrub with a mixture of 10 parts water to 1 part bleach.

So go an enjoy feeding your birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment