Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 16, 2015

CHICAGO

I had to be up in Chicago to take care of my mother-in-law
while my brother-in-law and his family took a much needed vacation.
It was a long and hard ten days but I did get some time
to go and do some things with friends.

Where my mother-in-law lives is like a nature park.
There are deer all over the place.
It is very scenic and quiet.
These deer I literally could touch them if I wanted to.



One of the places that I still have not gone to
is Wrigley Field and watch the Chicago Cubs play.
My sons and husband have gone but not me yet.

 I went to a Cuban restaurant.  
The food was absolutely delicious.
The atmosphere was wonderful.


 My lunch and dessert below.
On the left plate is tostones and on the right is a Cuban sandwich.
I ate the tostones and brought the sandwich back home.
The dessert below is called flan. 


 This building is the place where I took my piano lessons
when I was a little girl.  I would go in on the
side door and up the stairs.  
I took lessons there for several years.

 I decided to take the scenic route on my way home to Indiana from Chicago.
The route I took had me go along Lake Shore Drive.
I had never been through this route and I loved it.

 One of the places that I always want to stop on my way back
from Chicago is Albanese Candy Factory.
This place is absolutely awesome.
Jorge and I always buy a 5 pound back of their
reject gummy candy and he buys for himself chocolate.
I highly recommend this place.
It's in Merrillville, Indiana.


One of the places that I love to go also is Fair Oaks Dairy Farm.
It's on I-65 exit 220.
I was able to watch a calf being born.
They have added several other buildings and they offer tours.

  
  
 Going through the small towns in Indiana
I was able to enjoy their uniqueness.
I realized that it doesn't matter where I go,
I still love old houses.  
They have so much character and charm.




One thing is for sure for me,
there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment