Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 9, 2015

DINNER TIME

When my boys were young, we would always have dinner around the table.
But as they moved out and moved on with their lives, our dinner time changed.
Jorge would come home from work tired.
He would go and sit in his very comfortable lazy boy and relax.
I didn't have the heart to tell him dinner was ready
and to come up to the dining room and eat.

Deep in my heart, I knew this was not a good idea.
Jorge and I would have our dinner but the tv would be on.
Even though we would talk,
it wasn't the same thing as when we talked around the table.

I resolved to make a change.  I missed eating around the table
and talking about the day's activities.
When dinner is ready, Jorge and I sit and eat around the table.
It has been really nice doing that.

I really enjoy setting a nice table
and make dinner with my wonderful husband very special.
I intend on doing this as much as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment