Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 4, 2015

COCONUT CLOUD COOKIES

Several years ago, my next door neighbor made cookies for my sons.
They both loved the cookies very much.
She even made them for my oldest when he
was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I asked my neighbor for her recipe because
the cookies are so delicious.
This year I will be trying something new for my blog.
Every Monday I will share a different cookie recipe
that my family loves.

Here's the recipe.
ENJOY

INGREDIENTS
2 2/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
1 package yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 almond extract

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Reserve 1 1/3 cup coconut in a bowl and set aside.
3.  Combine the cake mix, egg, oil, water and almond extract
4.  Beat at low speed until well mixed.
5.  Stir in the remaining 1 1/3 cup coconut
6.  Drop by rounded teaspoons into the reserved coconut and roll the cookie.
7.  Place on an ungreased baking sheet
8.  Bake at 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
9.  Cool in pan for 1 minute and then transfer to cooling racks.



No comments:

Post a Comment