Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, May 10, 2014

MY MOM

I am so blessed to still have my mom with me.
Today she celebrates her 82nd birthday.
I so love spending time with her.

I want to take this time to describe her.
She is a tiny little thing, 4'10" and 100 pounds when wet.
But she is still mighty.
As long as I can remember, my mom worked very hard for the family.
She made sure that the brother, sister, and I ate well.
Our house was always clean.  
She had and continues to have a love affair with cleaning.

One of the best memories I have of my mom is back
when I was 16 or 17 years old.
She had bought tickets for us to go to Navy Pier and hear Air Supply.
Our father was out of town and so we would always do fun stuff with her.
She knew how much we loved Air Supply.
What was so funny was that she was disappointed
she could not get tickets for us to go and see Earth, Wind, and Fire!

As I was growing up, I would see her serve others before herself.
She would always see the good in people even when they did hurtful things to her.
The three of us would always rather get a spanking from her
 than see the disappointment in her eyes.

My mom has always loved her family.
When she became a grandmother, she was elated.
She has doted on my two sons.
In her eyes, they can do no wrong.
There is nothing that she won't do for them.

My mom has been a wonderful example of a godly wife.
It was not an easy job for her.
She put up with a lot.

I could go on and on about her and never finish.
I love my mom very much.
I know that one day the Lord will call her home
and that will be very hard for me.
But as long as I still have her with me, 
I will cherish every moment with her.







No comments:

Post a Comment