Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 15, 2014

CLONE OF A CINNABON


At my home, cinnamon rolls are always loved and eaten.
My husband asked me to make him some so that he could take them to work.
I think he'll have some very happy co-workers.
Here's the recipe that I used.

INGREDIENTS
1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F)
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
  1. Mix the warm milk, eggs, butter, flour, salt, sugar and yeast together until dough is formed.  Place dough in a greased bowl and cover away from any drafts.  I put my bowl in my oven preheated to its lowest level.  I turn off the oven when I place the bowl.  Let it rise for an hour.  
  2. After the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.  In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
  3. Roll the dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle.  spread the dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Roll up the dough and cut into 12 rolls.  Place the rolls in a  lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan.  Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.  Once risen, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  4. Bake the rolls until golden brown, about 15 minutes.  While the rolls are baking, beat together the cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and salt.  Spread the frosting on the warm rolls before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment