Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

FABRIC BOX

 

 I don't know about you, but there are times that I need
a brake from working on a huge project.
Yesterday was one of those days.  I had been spending
the day quilting a quilt - which is now finished.
My mind needed something different to do.
 
I had found the instructions for the fabric box online
and saved the link to do it at another time.
The other time was yesterday. 
 
Let's get started.
 
You will need:
2 fabric squares - I used 12-inch squares
Batting a little bit larger than the squares
4 coordinating buttons
 
Layer the fabric, right sides together, on top of the batting.

 
Sew a 1/4" seam around the perimeter, leaving an opening on one side

Trim off the excess batting.

Turn the right side out.  I used the wooden pick
to make the corners better.  Press.

Top stitch close to the edge, closing the opening as you go.

I sewed in concentric circles and this is what I came up with.

Fold the quilted square in half, right side in.
I marked a 2" triangle in the corners.
I should have made it instead 2.5" or 3" instead.


Do that on all four corners and you will
end up with your basket looking like this.

Turn your basket inside out.

Fold the points down and pin it.



Sew your buttons.

Tack down the inside flaps.
 
Now fill your fabric basket with whatever you want.
I put ribbons in mine.
 
Thank you Seaside Stitches for the inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment