Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 9, 2014

SPOOL WALL HANGING

I have converted a bedroom to my sewing room.
I'm in the process of repainting the room and decorating it.
I bought this kit last year at a quilting event.
I decided that I wanted to make this for my sewing room.
The finished project measures approximately 29" square.
 
Supplies:
3/4 yard border print
Fat eighth - spool center
1/2 yard for background
1/2 brown for spools
3/8 yard for binding
 
 


Cut four 4 1/2" square blocks for the center of the spool blocks.
 

 Cut eight 5" squares from the background and brown fabric.
 Cut eight 4 1/2" square blocks from the background and brown fabric.
Cut four 3 1/2" brown squares and lay aside for corner stones.
 
 Place one background and one brown right sides together.
 
 Draw a center diagonal line and stitch  1/4" from each side of the line
 

 Cut the squares on the center diagonal line.
You will make 16 half square triangles.
Iron toward the brown fabric.
Square it off to 4 1/2 inches.
 



Lay your pieces to make the spool and sew.
Stitch the four spool blocks together.
Cut four strips 3 1/2" wide for the border.
Apply the borders and cornerstones.
 
Quilt, bind and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment