Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

ATTIC WINDOW QUILT

Several months ago I bought fabric that attracted me.
You see, I love coffee very much and that is why this fabric attracted me.
It took me a while to decide how I was going to use the fabric.
I bought this book several years ago and I made one quilt.
I decided to make another again using my coffee fabric.
 
 
 To make the attic window I cut three pieces of fabric.
1.  One square 4 1/2 inches
2.  Two rectangles 2 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches.
 
 Sew the first sash to the square. 
Make sure to leave 1/4" for the mitered corner.
 
 Sew the second sash making sure
to leave 1/4" for the mitered corner.
 
Fold the block on a 45 degree diagonal, aligning the sashing edges, right sides together.
The fold is the guideline to align the and mark the 45 degree miter
onto the sashing fabric.
 
Use your ruler and mark a 45 degree line on the sashing.
 
 Sew on the seam line where the sashing
and window fabrics meet to the outside edge of the miter,
 
Trim the mitered seams.
Press all the seams away from the window.
Press the mitered seam open. 
 
 Here's the block all finished.
It's unfinished size 6 1/2" squared.
 
Join all the blocks to make this quilt.
I made 42 blocks that measured 6 1/2 inches.
I decided not to add a border.
I have not decided how I'm going to
quilt it but I can't wait to see how it will turn. out.


No comments:

Post a Comment