Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 1, 2013

PATOKA LAKE DAY THREE


Yesterday the day started off not well for me. My stomach was not doing well. The weather also did not cooperate for us to go boating. So we all had a relaxing day. Jorge and I did a power walk for 1.5 miles. I just did not want to go running. 

We headed into town to go antiquing. Jorge and I realized that French Lick and West Baden are right next to each other. We went to two antique stores and found a few things. Jorge was happy in finding tools made in the USA.  I found a nice green bowl for a birthday present for a friend of mine. 

We headed to the West Baden Hotel. The entrance was beautiful with brick paved roads and hydrangeas lining up the center of the road. The hotel has beautiful sunken garden with perfectly manicures bushes and no weeds I their flower beds or lawn. How I wish mine could be that way. We found out that the hotel was used as an Army hospital during WWI.  

We ended the day with David and Amber making a delicious meal of shishkabobs, salad, and beans. We went out for a sunset boat ride and came home to watch a movie. Life is good. 

The first antique store we went to where Jorge found his tools. 

The entrance to the Wet Baden hotel. 

One of the views of the hotel. 
I loved the porch. 

Howdy and his driver. The horse is 17 years old and very gentle. 

The beautiful sunken garden. 

The beautiful hydrangeas. 

The second antique store we went to. It originally was a furniture store. 

David having fun with the grill. 

A delicious meal. 

A sunset boat ride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment