Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, August 23, 2013

AFGHAN


I have a dear friend who got me started again with yarn.
I had taught myself when I was a newlywed.
Most of my work at that time was not good at all and I gave up.
With her encouragement, I started back up again about three years ago.
Lisa, my friend, is an avid yarn lover.
I was thinking what I could give her for Christmas
and I thought an afghan would be nice.

This particular afghan took me about four months to complete.
It was much easier than I had expected.
Here are the directions to making this afghan.

  • Chain 171 loosely.
  • Row 1:  DC in fourth chain from hook and in each chain across.  (3 skipped chains count as first dc): 169 dc
  • Row 2:  (Right side):  chain 3 (counts as first dc, now and throughout), turn; dc in next dc, work popcorn, (dc in next 3 dc, work popcorn) across to last 2 dc, dc in last 2 dc:  42 popcorns.
  • Row 3:  chain 3, turn; dc in next dc and in each st across: 169 dc.
  • Row 4:  chain 5 (counts as first tr plus ch 1), turn; skip next dc, tr in next dc, (ch 1, skip next dc, tr in next dc) across: 85 tr.
  • Row 5:  chain 3, turn; dc in each ch-1 sp and in each tr across: 169 dc
  • Row 6-67:  Repeat rows 2-5, 15 times, then repeat rows 2 and 3 once more.  Finish off.

No comments:

Post a Comment