One of the things I love to do is bake.
I love to try out new recipes that I find
and see if my family will like them.
In my house, cheese rules!
I found this recipe online and so I decided to make it.
All I can say about the finished product is WOW!
It is delicious.
Thank you Southern Living for sharing
this recipe from your magazine of November 2001
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Beat the butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until cream (do not over beat); gradually add the sugar, beating well. (I reduced the amount of sugar to 2 cups).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. (I used only 4 eggs)
- Sift 3 cups of flour. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Smooth the top of the cake with a spatula to even it out.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.