Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 6, 2013

CREAM CHEESE POUNDCAKE

One of the things I love to do is bake.
I love to try out new recipes that I find
and see if my family will like them.
In my house, cheese rules!
I found this recipe online and so I decided to make it.

All I can say about the finished product is  WOW!
It is delicious.
Thank you Southern Living for sharing
this recipe from your magazine of November 2001

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 1/2 cups butter, softened at room temperature
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 6 large eggs
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  1. Beat the butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until cream (do not over beat); gradually add the sugar, beating well.  (I reduced the amount of sugar to 2 cups).
  2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. (I used only 4 eggs)
  3. Sift 3 cups of flour.  Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended after each addition.  Stir in vanilla.
  4. Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.  Smooth the top of the cake with a spatula to even it out.
  5. Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from the pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment