Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, May 27, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY HISTORY

The last Monday of May is when the United States celebrates Memorial Day.  It is a time to remember those who have died serving our country.  My family and I are immigrants.  I came to the United States when I was only seven years old.  It was not until I was much older that I understood and appreciated the
 freedoms that this country has given me and so many others.  

I would like to thank all of the military servicemen and women who have given the ultimate price - their lives.
This country owes them a huge debt of gratitude.  We may not agree with some of the actions,
but it is because of their commitment to serve and protect this nation
is that we have the freedom to express our opinion.

Follow the link below to learn more about Memorial Day.


http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vgdm0AkzFTo/TeJMkWwqL0I/AAAAAAAACtI/DL5ECaqltkQ/s1600/MemorialDay.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment