Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 20, 2012

VEGETABLE GARDEN

Well, I've been taking a break from quilting.  I'm getting back to it later on this week working on my son's wedding quilt.

With Spring right around the corner, I started thinking about what I would like to plant in my vegetable garden.  Last year's garden did not turn out the way I wanted.  I got disheartened and disappointed so I had told my husband that I was not going to plant one this year.  Well, I changed my mind and decided I was going to do it again this year.

In one of the magazines that I subscribe, it had article about a family owned business that sell heirloom seeds.  The article was very interesting and it intrigued me.  I've always bought hybrid vegetable seeds but I decided I would do something different.  I got on the website and searched their catalog.  I found a wide variety of vegetable, flower and herbal seeds.  So I placed my order of vegetable seeds and I should receive them in a couple of weeks.

While I'm waiting for my seeds to come, I'll be building a cold frame.  Yes, you read that correctly, I'll be building by myself a cold frame.  I've always wanted one and I found one that is easy to build.  So for this year, I'll be posting my gardening progress - the vegetables and flowers.  I'll be posting pictures of the before and after pictures.

If you have a desire of play in the dirt with flowers and/or vegetables, follow this link which will direct you to the Plant Hardiness Zone Map.:
Plant Hardiness Zone Map

If you would like to purchase heirloom seeds, follow this link:
Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment