Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS DURING "ME TIME"

Today I had the day off from work so I was able to make some delicious cookies.  I made the cookies so I could take them to "Me Time" with my girlfriends.  These cookies are called Chocolate Twinkles.  I will add the recipe at the end of my blog.


Once I got to the store, Dawn was showing us her Christmas presents.  She loves her socks!   She's lucky I didn't steal them because I loved them too.


Dawn showed us her crayon lights and garland.  We all loved it.  We told her she should have a tree with these decorations. 


One of the best gifts I got was seeing "my" Katie.  I love this girl very much.  She is not only beautiful on the outside but also on the inside.


In one of my past blogs, I had written about Dawn's love of wool and how she and Ellen have infected me with "woolitis".  Well, here are some of the ornaments that Dawn has made.  I can't wait to get started on mine.  Gift ideas for next year's Christmas are running through my head.

So here's the recipe for the Chocolate Twinkle Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar 2 eggs, beaten
3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Cream the shortening:  add sugar, beating well.  Add eggs and melted chocolate, beating well. Stir in the vanilla.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.  Add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.  Stir in chopped nuts.  Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes.  Cool on wire racks.  Yield: 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment