Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Sewing Corner

Yesterday and all morning today I spent time going through all of my containers that have fabric.  I realized that this would be the perfect time to sort out what I would keep, throw away and donate.

Going through box by box, I found fabric that I forgot I had.  I really had to be cold hearted and decide what I was actually going to keep. The more I went through, the easier it got for me to decide what I was keeping.  My sweet Lucy kept me company and was "supervising" me as I continued on my quest.

I also got rid of my desk and I bought a Sterlite three drawer container that holds all the things I had in my desk drawers.  I did a lot of purging there too.  My laptop and printer are now on the long banquet table next to my embroidery machine.  This will help me to download programs for my machine.  

Now that I am all done with organizing my sewing corner, I can get to work on projects that I've had on hold.  Getting rid of things is very freeing.  I had to use my phrase, "If I haven't used it in 4 years, then it's gone."  I stuck firm to that and kept only what I wanted.


I had to use the upstairs to sort through fabric because I ran out of room downstairs


Three containers filled with fabric to donate.
I filled four bags with trash.
 

It's so nice to see everything in it's place ready for me to create!

Lucy kept me company as I worked and worked really hard supervising me.

1 comment:

  1. i wanted to say thank you for the cross directions ..i a trying to work up the nerve to attempt it...lol..and wow to all your decluttering..i bet the people whe received the fabric was very grateful..

    ReplyDelete