Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 25, 2014

MY FUN DAY OF QUILTING

With all that has been going on in our family,
I needed something fun to do.
I made this quilt today after watching
yesterday the television show "Sewing with Nancy."
Her guest was Debbie Bowles.
Debbie showed how to do an 18-inch block.

Once I saw how to do the block, I decided I had to make it.
It's a very easy block to do.
These directions will make 12 blocks
and the quilt will measure 54 x 72 inches.
Here are the requirements for the quilt that I made.

  • 1 5/8 yard to make the 12 1/2 inch square block
  • 1/2 yard to make the 6 1/2 inch square block
  • 1 yard to make rectangle block  (I used black fabric)
  • 1 yard to make rectangle block  (I used tan fabric)
  1. Cut twelve 12 1/2 inch square block.
  2. Cut twelve 6 1/2 inch square block
  3. Cut twelve 7 x 12 1/2 inch rectangles of one fabric for the rectangle
  4. Cut twelve 7 x 12 1/2 inch rectangles of the other fabric.
Take the two different rectangle pieces and line them up right sides up.  Mark the top fabric 2 1/2 inches from one corner and 2 1/2 inches the opposite corner.  Take your ruler and match the points and using your rotary cutter, cut the fabric at an angle.  Sew the angled pieces.  You will have a small tail and that is needed to make it level when you're sewing it.





It's very easy to piece this block.  The finished size is 18 inches.  
There are different ways that you can play with the blocks to set it up.
I added the border which is 3 1/2 inches wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment