Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 REFLECTIONS

We are on the eve of entering a new year.
I am like many that make resolutions for the new year.
But as I sit and ponder on what 2013 has been for me,
I realize that I have been blessed beyond measure.
 
This year my youngest son graduated with his
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice.  He is
an intern for Campus Crusade for Christ at Ball State University.
 
My daughter-in-law received her Master's in Student Affairs.
Her husband, my oldest son, received his Master's in Computers.
They will be living in North Carolina as he will be working there.
This change makes me happy and sad at the same time.
 
My husband and I celebrated 30 years of marriage!
Wow, I can't believe we've been married that long.
We did celebrate by going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
 
I did not put out a vegetable garden out this year.
That makes me sad because I miss my fresh veggies.
I did make several changes in my other flower gardens.
 
I'm so grateful that I can still teach Spanish to homeschool students.
Each year is different and fun.  They have made me laugh.
 
Quilting still takes a lot of my time and I love it.
I just wish I had more time to do all the projects
that are in my head and not have to deal with the
responsibilities I have, like cooking and cleaning.
 
What do I want to accomplish in the 2014?
My list is endless.
My first and foremost goal is to have
a better relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ.
I know that I can do better this coming year than
what I have been this year.
 
I want to be a better wife for my husband.
I want to be a better mother for my sons.
I want to be a better mother-in-law for my daughter-in-law.
I want to be a better friend.
 
So as I say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014,
I look for opportunities to be a better person
and be open to the possibilities that will come my way.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment