Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE

In my house, chocolate rules!
But at this time of the year, pecan joins in.
My husband loves it when I make pecan pie.
He has told lots of people that mine is the best he has had.
That makes me so very happy.
So this year I decided to combine both his favorite ingredients.

Here's the recipe:

1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
1/3 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.) In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in sugar, and set aside to cool.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Stir in salt, corn syrup and melted butter mixture. Add coffee powder mixed with 1 teaspoon water, if desired. Stir in the chopped pecans. (I didn't chop my pecans, I left them whole because that's how my husband likes it)
  3. Spread chocolate chips evenly over the bottom of the pie crust. Pour pecan mixture over the crust.
  4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 50 minutes, or until set. Cover and let stand at room temperature about 8 hours before serving. Pie will be soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment