Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 9, 2016

QUILTFEST 2016 CHALLENGE QUILT

Last year I went to my very first Florida quilt show.
The quilts were exquisite.
At the show, I bought a kit for this year's show.
The kit includes fabric and the directions.
We have the freedom to design a 
the wall hanging no bigger than 110" overall.
The quilt has to have either a nine patch, applique or 
a design embellisment.
The main fabric in my kit has beach umbrellas
and that's where my idea for the quilt happened.

 The three fabrics that were included in the kit.

 I chose to make nine appliqued umbrellas.


I chose nine different fabrics to make the umbrella.
I fused paper back fusible and pinned
the umbrella design and started cutting.
I did the same thing using black fabric for the handle.

I fused all the umbrellas to the 5 1/2" block.

The red sashing is 1 1/2".
The blue border is 1 1/2".
The umbrella border is 2".
Now I'll quilt it and get it ready for this year's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment